If you’ve been around me long enough, you know that I love the show Family Guy..Giggity! Aside from it being completely inappropriate, perverted, racist, degrading to women…ummmm…I forgot where I was going with this. Anyways, I guess one of the things I find so funny about the show is that just when you think they can’t top something they’ve previously done, they TOTALLY go there! There have been many times I’ll be watching it with my jaw on the floor and my hands on either side of my head…that of course is usually followed by a loud, bellowing giggle. 😉
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every episode thus far even though I didn’t really start watching Family Guy until about a year ago. One show had Peter doing his editorial on the news entitled “What Really Grinds My Gears” (Ooooh…she said it!!) whereby he would discuss a different topic with each report that just drove him nuts. These ranged anywhere from Lindsay Lohan to not being able to find the droids he’s been looking for to the fact that no one has come up with a new priest and rabbi joke.
I’ll admit that I completely agree with Peter on these topics, so I thought I’d keep it going by coming up with my own list to share. Enjoy!
- People who don’t at least drive the speed limit – The rule is: Anyone who drives slower than me is an idiot and anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac.
- That one missing sock! Okay…LAUNDRY in general. Seriously, WTF…does it EVER end?
- Anyone who does not know the difference between the words “your” and “you’re” when they’re writing! Do we really need to go back to elementary school to learn our words?
- When I get in the WRONG LINE at the store.
- Leaves!!! Do they EVER stop falling?!? It’s like laundry!
- Getting “rivered” playing Texas Holdem!!!
- That most pens are printed for right-handed people. Seriously!! Try holding a pen with writing on it in your left hand…oops!! It’s upside down!
- Women’s jackets. Why can’t we have the super cool inside pocket like guys do?!
- Getting into see a doctor at 9:15 for an 8:00 am appointment!! Ummm…I was THE FIRST appointment of the day! How do you get behind THAT quickly?!?
- Jeans that are either too short or too long. I’m only 5’4”, so how is this possible?! They need a brand of jeans called “Baby Bear” so that they’re always made just right!!
- Donald Trump’s hair. COME ON DUDE!! It’s time for an extreme makeover!
- When the host of a show says “We’ll reveal the (whatever)…**long pause**…RIGHT AFTER THIS!” DUH!
- People who mispronounce the word “frustrated.” Ummm…there are two r’s in that word…use them both please! Kind of ironic that I get frustrated by the mispronunciation of the word frustrated!
- When a sequel to a movie is made and they don’t use the original actors from the first movie. Can we say Iron Man 2 (Rhodey) & Back to the Future II (Jennifer)?! Did they think we wouldn’t notice?
- Opening a bag of chips only find the bag a quarter of the way full. REALLY?!? If you’re so worried about your chips breaking, maybe you should try putting them in the same indestructible plastic you use for packaging batteries!!…of course then you’d never be able to get them open in the first place.
- Dog farts…’nuf said!